Previous names

  • Hardy
Certificate no 3546
Status Registered
paula.palmer

Details

Function Cargo Vessel
Subfunction Narrow Boat
Location Banbury
Vessel type Motor Canal Boat - Tanker
Current use Museum based
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Nurser Brothers, Braunston
Built in 1940
Hull material Wood
Rig
Number of decks 1
Number of masts
Propulsion Motor
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
7.00 feet (2.13 m)
Depth
2.00 feet (0.61 m)
Length: Overall
70.00 feet (21.34 m)
Tonnage: Gross
15.00

History

HARDY was built in September 1940 by Nursers in Braunston for the Barlow Coal Company and registered in Daventry as no. 512 for fleet no. 16.  In October that year, she gauged the Oxford Canal no. 5667.  In 1957, the vessel came under fleet no. 31.

In 1962, HARDY was sold to the Blue Line Carriers in Braunston and some time before 1971, she was sold into private ownership and converted to a pleasure boat.

Key dates

  • September 1940

    Vessel built by Nursers in Braunston

  • 1962

    Vessel sold to Blue Line Carriers, Braunston

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Spey under way - starboard quarter

Registered, built 1937 by Fellows, Morton & Clayton, Uxbridge