ENGLAND was built by Fellows, Morton & Clayton at Saltley as an iron composite horse boat in 1904, originally named Germany. She was renamed ENGLAND in 1914.
In 1938 she was converted to a motor by Yarwoods and fitted out at Saltley with a 9hp Bolinder engine.
In 1949 she was purchased by D&IWE and allocated to the NW fleet.
In 1952 her bow section was removed while she was working as part of British Waterways maintenance fleet.
In 1986 she was restored and converted for residential use with her bow section replaced with an ex-LMS bow. Subsequently, in 2010, her cabin conversion was removed and the vessel was restored to carrying condition.
Purchased in 2018 by a private owner, ENGLAND is undergoing restoration.
Vessel built and launched as Germany
Vessel re-named ENGLAND
Vessel converted to a motor by Yarwoods and fitted out at Saltley with a 9HP Bolinder
Vessel purchased by D&IWE and allocated to NW fleet
Vessel's bow section removed
Vessel restored and converted for residential use, bow section replaced with an ex-LMS bow
Vessel's cabin conversion removed and boat restored to carrying condition
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org