KILSBY was one of 24 Iron composite butties commissioned by FMC in 1912, to be built by Braithwaite and Kirk of West Bromwich. After 30+ years serving as a cargo carrier, she was repurposed as a mud boat on the Bridgewater department of the Manchester Ship canal. At some point during the 1960s/70s KILSBY was converted for residential use, with the hull being shortened from 70ft to 60ft, motorised and a wooden superstructure added. She was a residential boat for 30+ years in Oxford City centre until 2019 when it was donated to the Jericho Living Heritage Trust , who are in now in the process of restoring and repurposing the boat as a floating stage and community heritage asset.
Commissioned by FMC in 1912, and built by Braithwaite and Kirk of West Bromwich
1960s/70s KILSBY was converted for residential use
Donated to the Jericho Living Heritage Trust
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org