Built in 1936 by Harland & Wolff and delivered to GUCC Co and allocated a yard number 452. BAINTON was one of two vessels to be gauged along with BERKHAMPSTEAD. She as also one of twenty three vessels yo be health registered at Bentford. the GUCC operated 186 motors and engines with reconditioned units every four years.
In 1944 she was not in active in the fleet and paired with several vessels including EALING, CYGNUS AND SATELLITE. In 1948 she was nationalised into British Transport Commission and had some inor alerations done in 1948.
She was in active service until 1960. In1963 she was leased to Wren Canal Transport Services and remained in Braunston until 1967. BAINTON then remain in storage at Wendover Arms until 1968 where she was sold to Yanusz Rokicki.
She was then owned by Roger White and paired again with BERKHAMPSTEAD.
During the 1980's and 2000's she was laid up and finally sold Shewsbury and Newport Canal Trust.
Built by Harland & Wolff.
In the active fleet and paired with EALING
In the active fleet and paired with FELTHAM
Paired with BURY
Paired with HALE
Leased to Willo Wren Canal Transport Services
In Storgae on Wendover Arms
Paired with BERKHAMPSTEAD
given to Shrewsbury and Newport Canals Trust via a Deed of Trust by owner Roger White
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org