Previous names

  • 1945 - 1948 MFV 973
  • 1948 - 1955 Annie Vivian
  • 1955 - 1956 Huntley Castle
Certificate no 1008
Status Archived
a12admin

Details

Function Fighting Vessel
Subfunction Patrol Boat
Location NONE
Vessel type Admiralty MFV
Archive reason Disposed
Current use None
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Blackmore, M W & Sons Ltd, Bideford
Built in 1945
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 2
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
16.26 feet (4.96 m)
Depth
7.02 feet (2.14 m)
Length: Overall
47.44 feet (14.47 m)
Tonnage: Gross
31.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built 1945 by Blackmore & Sons at Bideford as a tender/pilot boat. Her hull is carvel built of larch planking on oak frames and she is ketch rigged. Her engine is a Ford D2703, 120 hp made in the 1970s. Her early life was as an Admiralty MFV 45 ft class and she was sold in 1948 to become the fishing vessel ANNIE VIVIAN (BM50). Renamed HUNTLEY CASTLE in 1955, she acquired the name BRIDGWATER CASTLE in 1956 when she began work as the Bridgewater Pilot Boat. In 1989 she was sold to an owner in Anglesey and used as a live-aboard boat. She subsequently sank in the Sandwich Channel and was broken up.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

MFV 74 - starboard view

Registered, built 1946 by Curtis & Pape, Looe

Dry dock 3

Registered, built 1943 by Morris, Gosport

Navigator - starboard side

Archived, built 1943 by Richards Ironworks Co Ltd, Lowestoft

Scotch Queen sailing

Archived, built 1944 by Humphrey & Smith Ltd, Grimsby