Details

Function Fishing Vessel
Location Milford Haven
Vessel type Admiralty MFV
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Curtis & Pape, Looe
Built in 1946
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
17.87 feet (5.45 m)
Depth
6.95 feet (2.12 m)
Length: Overall
59.34 feet (18.10 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built in 1946 by Curtis & Pape of Looe, Cornwall for the Admiralty, this MFV is carvel built of timber with an inboard diesel engine by Gardner, model 8L3. She worked for the Admiralty out of Plymouth until 1974 when she was sold to a private owner who began to convert her to a pleasure boat at Gloucester. She was then sold again and her new owner completed the conversion. She was used on the inland waterways for several years and eventually beached at Milford Haven where she fell into disrepair. Bought by a new owner in 2009, MFV 74 has been cruising around Scotland but is now based back at Milford marina for the next year or two.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Dry dock 3

Registered, built 1943 by Morris, Gosport

Sultvan Venturer - close up

Archived, built 1942 by Curtis & Pape, Looe

BRIDGEWATER CASTLE - stern from starboard quarter looking forward.

Archived, built 1945 by Blackmore, M W & Sons Ltd, Bideford

Navigator - starboard side

Archived, built 1943 by Richards Ironworks Co Ltd, Lowestoft