- 1944 - 1948 MFV 1100
SCOTCH QUEEN was built at Grimsby by Humphrey & Smith Ltd in 1944 and was formerly an Admiralty MFV, MFV 1100. She is one of the few remaining 75ft Admiralty MFVs unusually built of oak on oak. Between 1945 - 1948 she was in naval service (in 1945 under NORE command), but was decommissioned in 1948 to become a fishing vessel until 1986. She was first registered at Fraserburgh as SCOTCH QUEEN for James and John Watt. In 1953, she was re-registered as LK331 by James Watt. In 1980, she was sold to John Laurenson, Hamnavoe, Scotland. In 1986 she was sold to Mobell Marine as a diving and survey vessel during which time she was modified and a deck-house added. The masts were also changed to an 'A' frames. She was then sold again in 1993 to private owners.
Sadly Scotch Queen has being broken up at a quay in Penryn River near Falmouth in November 2017
Olsen's Fisherman's Nautical Almanack 1961, Olsons, 1961
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org