THE BROTHERS was built as a Seine netter for local owners and then used for passenger trips until the Second World War when the vessel was taken over by the Admiralty as a Service Launch.
Used as motor gun boat on anti-smuggling patrol in Carlingford Lough, THE BROTHERS was originally rigged with tall foremast and dipping lug sail. She is now the last in a long line of yawl sterned vessels favoured in the area. A very popular vessel with the public at large while tripping, she has been in operation by the same family continuously from 1946. She had new fore and aft decks, main beams and wheelhouse fittied 1982/3.
Built as inshore fishing boat for Wattersons of Groomsport, Co Down
War service as armed patrol boat and general service launch
Bought by Nelson Brothers of Donaghadee for use as passenger launch
Fitted with Kelvin J4 semi-diesel engine
- 1982/3 Rebuilt with all new fore and aft decks, main beams, wheelhouse
Rebuilt with all new fore and aft decks, main beams and wheelhouse
Still operating commercially and available for hire
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org