SILVER GHOST is a gentleman's motor yacht built by Woodnutts for Leslie Aubrey Golding, who kept her for a few years before selling her on to Andrew G. L. Puckle in September 1955. By 1969, she was up for sale again and was briefly owned by George M. Bundy, before being purchased by G. A. Alder in 1972.
During the 1980s and 1990s, she was in the ownership of Richard Harwood and was based in Sardinia and Menorca until she was sold in 1998 to the current owner. She was recently surveyed and found to be structurally sound. Much of the hull and brightwork has been painted and varnished, although there is still some cosmetic work to be completed. The decks have been coated with Coelan polyurethane. The interior cabins are original, but the wheelhouse and galley require complete restoration. Both heads have been restored with modern equipment.
SILVER GHOST has twin diesel engines, which are both six cylinder Meadows Frobishers, of ten and a half litre capacity, each producing a maximum of 130 horse power. The engines are serviceable but are now showing their age and require overhauling. The original steering is mechanically driven from the wheelhouse using a Mathway Steering Controls system. However, a hydraulic system has been added to the aft deck position in more recent times. Another innovation is the new hot water central heating system by Mikuni, which has also been installed.
As of 2018, SILVER GHOST is back to her birth place the Isle of Wight and will undergo a full restoration. The engines are beyond repair so will be replaced by two Beta Marine Diesels.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com