- 1944 - 1948 MFV 613
- 1948 - 2002 Burhou
Ordered in December 1942 and completed in May 1944 for Admiralty use, MFV 613 was allocated to Portsmouth where she remained until she was sold in February 1948 to Trinity House. She was then used as a pilot/work boat in the Channel Islands, supplying the Casquets lighthouse, under the name BURHOU. She was sold in 1989 after becoming one of Trinity House's longest serving vessels. After passing through the hands of various private owners, she became Britain's infamous first off-shore off license between 2002 and 2005.
Built by J Martinfor the Admiralty
Transferred to Trinity House
Sold out of service
Purchased by new owner
Work on the hull allowing the vessel to make leisure trips on the River Thames between Erith and Tower Bridge
Vessel awarded a grant of £2000 to cover the costs crane hire by the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
CORNISH MAIDEN was awarded a grant of ú2000 to cover the costs crane hire by the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com