Previous names

  • Chance
Certificate no 2014
Status Registered


Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Preston
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Current use Unknown
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes


Builder Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath
Built in 1948
Hull material Wood
Rig Ketch
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Breadth: Beam
11.00 feet (3.36 m)
4.40 feet (1.34 m)
Length: Overall
40.00 feet (12.20 m)
Tonnage: Gross
Air Draft
To be confirmed


TOKEN was built in 1948 by James Silver at Rosneath Boatyard, Argyll & Bute.  Designed by John Bain, his first true motorsailer design, called Western Isles - one of two vessels of this design.  Built for Rolls Royce, according to her log book. 

At the time of registration, her interior remained very orginal, but the exterior had seen some wear so, in 2006, she was dry docked for works to be carried out, including replacement of some planking.  Her original twin Dormans 4DSM engines are still with the vessel. 

We are lacking information on this particular vessel.  If you have any information on this vessel, past or present, please contact us.

Vessel offered for disposal, August 2020. 

Key dates

  • 1948

    Built by James Silver of Rosneath, Argyll and Bute, Scotland

  • 1970

    Bought by Edward Donlad Boxall and Edward William Boxall from Hercules Engineering Co

  • 1970-86

    Moored at Moody's Boatyard on River Hamble for use as liveaboard

  • 1991

    Sold to new owner

  • 2006

    Dry docked for work to be carried out including replacement of some planking

  • 2020

    Offered for disposal, free to good home for restoration.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact

More like this

Albaquila sailing

Registered, built 1947 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

Photo of Maid of Conway @ 2017 lying at Gweek Classic Boatyard before start of Mr Paul Morgans restoration.

Registered, built 1960 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway

Monya - starboard view

Registered, built 1933 by McBryde, W G

Delfino on mooring at Rhu

Registered, built 1965 by Atrill & Sons, H