Now in new owners hands, and the subject of a rescue and reconstruction project. After careful recording, she will be rebuilt plank by plank in Braunston, her birthplace. She was lifted on a custom made steel frame in May 2009. Timber for her reconstruction is now being sourced. LUCY is currently located at Tess Wharf, Braunston. Built in 1953 by Nursers of Braunston, LUCY is a narrowboat butty. The original owner was Sir John Knill who operated a fleet of working narrowboats, and LUCY was a towed vessel. She was sold to Samuel Barlows in 1955 and subsequently to Blue Line. LUCY is the last unconverted nurser butty left, she is closely connected with Sir John Knill, one of the founders of the Inland Waterways Association. She was one of the last regular long distance carrying boats.
Financial year April
A Sustainability Grant of £1,150 towards restoration work made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com