Previous names

  • 1989 - 2007 Nautilus
Certificate no 2066
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Fishing Vessel
Subfunction Drifter
Location Arbroath
Vessel type Zulu
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Stephen, W & G Boatbuilder, Banff
Built in 1910
Hull material Wood
Rig Lug Dipping
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
14.50 feet (4.42 m)
Depth
6.00 feet (1.83 m)
Length: Overall
48.30 feet (14.73 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built in 1910 by Stephen of Banff, ST VINCENT is a sailing drifter of timber carvel construction. Her current engine is a Perkins diesel model 6.372. She worked in Scottish waters for many years, first at Eriskay, then at Wick, followed by Cullivoe, Shetland. In 1975, she left Shetland for Grimsby where she worked as a trawler, owned by Sidney Carlton. In 1980, she moved to Lowestoft, owned by Brian Tubby and continued fishing until the late 1980s. She was converted to a pleasure vessel thereafter and at some stage ended up in North Shields named NAUTILUS. She was brought north to Arbroath by her present owner in August 2007 for restoration which was completed in 2010 and she is now lying in Arbroath.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

RESEARCH - interior view

National Historic Fleet, built 1903 by Stephen, W & G Boatbuilder, Banff

Loki - starboard side

Registered, built 1904 by Hay & Co Ltd, Lerwick

PANSY port side

Registered, built 1937 by Macduff Engineering, Macduff