Certificate no 2069
Status Archived


Function Fishing Vessel
Location Galmpton
Vessel type Looe Lugger
Archive reason Disposed
Current use None
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No


Builder Curtis, Frank, Looe
Built in 1934
Hull material
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Breadth: Beam
14.00 feet (4.27 m)
9.00 feet (2.75 m)
Length: Overall
50.60 feet (15.43 m)
Tonnage: Gross
Air Draft
To be confirmed



Built 1934 by Frank Curtis Boatyards, Looe, Cornwall, a yawl rigged Looe lugger. She had a Ford diesel engine installed in 1965. She is one of only two Looe luggers that were classed as motor yachts from the same design as the luggers.

She was used as a charter vessel in the Mediterranean for 12 years and Sir John Mills and Sir Alec Rose were regulars aboard. She was made seaworthy by one of her previous owners after being laid up in a shed for eight years but later fell into disrepair again.

In 2007 she underwent restoration after many years of neglect which included major work on her deck, beams and a new transom.

In November 2012 the vessel was reported as having been broken up.

Key dates

  • 1934

    A yawl rigged Looe lugger built by Frank Curtis Boatyards, Looe, Cornwall

  • 1950s?

    Laid up in a shed for eight years

  • 1965

    Ford diesel engine installed 

  • 1970s

    Used as charter vessel in Mediterranean.  Sir John Mills and Sir Alec Rose regularly aboard

  • 1990s

    Fell into disrepair

  • 2007

    Underwent restoration including major work on deck, beams and a new transom

  • 2012

    Vessel reported as having been broken up


  • 2007/2008

    A Sustainability Grant of £2000 was made for timber for the hull and deck from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Photo Comp 2012 entry: Guide Me - with luggers Ripple & Barnabas

Registered, built 1911 by Ferris Boatyard, P, Looe

White Heather - underway

Registered, built 1926 by Pearce, Richard, East Looe

port side view

Registered, built 1907 by Angear, J, Looe

Our Daddy new rigging

Registered, built 1921 by Pearce, Richard, East Looe