Previous names

  • 1945 - 1971 MFV766
  • 1966 - 1971 TS
  • 1977 - 1994 Margaret Jane
Certificate no 2143
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Passenger Vessel
Subfunction Excursion
Location Orford
Vessel type River Cruiser
Current use Commercial Activity
Available to hire Yes
Available for excursions Yes
Info required No

Construction

Builder Bolson, J & Sons Ltd, Poole
Built in 1944
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
16.50 feet (5.03 m)
Depth
6.00 feet (1.83 m)
Length: Overall
50.00 feet (15.25 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built in 1944/45 by J Bolson & Sons Limited , Poole, as an Admiralty MFV, a vessel of timber carvel construction with a 2 stroke diesel engine by Foden, model FD6 MKVI. She served initially at Glasson Dock in Lancashire, then from 1947 out of Plymouth then Portsmouth. In 1963 she passed to the Sea Cadets, based at Midhurst then Hove.

In 1971 she passed out of service into private hands and in 1977 she was registered as Margaret Jane. Sold in 1983 she was renamed Lady Florence and her owners set up a river cruise business based on Orford, Suffolk. She was bought by her private owners in 1992 and she continues to operate as a river cruiser.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Bow facing

Registered, built 1962 by Broom & Sons, C J, Brundall

Impala in Liverpool dock

Archived, built 1933 by Staniland & Co, Thorne