HELEN II is a Morecambe Bay Prawner, a fishing vessel of wooden carvel construction, with pitch pine on oak frames. She was built by Crossfields of Arnside in 1910 for George E Stoner of New Brighton. She worked from the Mersey until 1930 when she was purchased by Ludwig Anderson of Port Maddog and fished off the Welsh coast for 10 years. She was then purchased by Jackie Martin in 1943 and fished from Fleetwood. HELEN II is one of the largest Morecambe Bay Prawners built. She is undergoing a major restoration project led by Conwy County Borough Council and Llandrillo College. On completion she will will be used by youth and community groups of North Wales for sail and adventure training.
Built by Crossfieds of Arnside as a Morecombe Bay Prawner for George E Sloner of New Brighton
She worked from the Mersey
Purchased by Ludwig Anderson of Port Maddoc and fished for 10 years off the Welsh coast
Purchased by Jackie Moulton and fished from Fleetwood
Purchased by The Morecombe Bay Prawner Restoration Trust
The Heritage Lottery Fund awarded £49,600 for conservation and restoration
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org