Previous names

  • Ardmore
Certificate no 2391
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Fishing Vessel
Subfunction Ring-netter
Location Dartmouth
Vessel type Seine Netter
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Herd & MacKenzie, Buckie
Built in 1960
Hull material Wood
Rig Gaff Ketch
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 2
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
20.00 feet (6.10 m)
Depth
10.00 feet (3.05 m)
Length: Overall
73.00 feet (22.27 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

The MFV Honestas was originally built for Fisher Row, she was given a Leith registration. As far as the owners know, Honestas is part of the motto of Musselburgh where her owners were based. She was launched in February 1960 and has carried several registrations, including Inverness and Peterhead, and was at one time known as ARDMORE before returning to her original name.

She was sold into private ownerwship and began a process of renovation and refurbishment with the intention of using her as a sea angling and charter vessel. The original Gardner engine has been refurbished and the original accommodation was removed and a significant level of work was required in order to bring the boat up to standard.

As of June 2018, the vessel is currently moored at Dartmouth, in private ownership and undergoing a refit prior to being used for pleasure cruising.

Key dates

  • 1960 Built by Herd and MacKenzie ofBuckie

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

VERONICA port bow

Registered, built 1932 by Weatherhead, William & Son, Cockenzie

Rachel Douglas - Rachel Douglas (2296) off the Berwickshire coast 15/8/11 - Photo Comp 2011 entry

Registered, built 1947 by Weatherhead, James, Eyemouth

The Brothers - summer 2011

Registered, built 1935 by Laird, James, Bangor, Co. Down