Certificate no 2461
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Cargo Vessel
Subfunction Narrow Boat
Location Caldon Canal
Vessel type Admiral Class
Current use Ongoing conservation
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Yarwood, W J & Sons Ltd, Northwich
Built in 1959
Hull material Steel
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
6.80 feet (2.07 m)
Length: Overall
70.50 feet (21.50 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

LINDSAY was built in 1959 in Northwich for use as a carrying narrowboat, paired with butty KEPPEL. She is believed to be the last motor driven narrowboat built by the British Waterways Board (now British Waterways) as a carrying vessel in the North West Division. When carrying ceased, she was used as a camping boat and then for maintenance purposes by British Waterways. She was sold in 2011 to the Etruria Group Volunteers to support Etruria Industrial Museum.

Grants

  • January 2013

    A Sustainability award of £500 towards the cost of remedial work.was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Restored Effingham starboard facing

Registered, built 1958 by Pimblott, Isaac & Co Ltd, Northwich

Moored

Registered, built 1960 by Yarwood, W J & Sons Ltd, Northwich

COLINGWOOD (left) and ASH (right) -  stern from starboard quarter looking forward.

Registered, built 1959 by Pimblott, Isaac & Co Ltd, Northwich