LETTY was built as a Bristol Channel Pilot Cutter. The builder was E Rowles of Pill, Bristol and she was built in 1905. She is of timber carvel construction, with larch on oak frames. The vessel was recorded as being transferred from Grimsby to Dublin in 1934 and being converted to a fishing vessel named ROAMING. She was found in Arklow in the mid 1970s and bought by Dennis Crompton; when he died his family placed the vessel on the market and she was found by her present owner at Port Penrhyn, North Wales and bought on 1 January 2011. At the time of registration in 2011, LETTY was undergoing a full restoration in Falmouth.
- 1905 Built by E Rowles of Pill, Bristol
- 1934 Transferred from Grimsby to Dublin and renamed ROAMING
- 1970s Bought by Dennis Crompton
- 2011 Found in North Wales and bought by present owner
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org