Previous names

  • 1943 - 1967 VIC 27
Certificate no 2657
Status Registered


Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Victualling
Location Crinan
Vessel type Victualling Inshore Craft
Current use Ongoing conservation
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No
Web address


Builder Pimblott, Isaac & Co Ltd, Northwich
Built in 1943
Hull material Iron
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Steam
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Steam compound
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Length: Overall
66.00 feet (20.12 m)
Breadth: Beam
18.00 feet (5.49 m)
8.00 feet (2.44 m)
Tonnage: Gross
Air Draft
To be confirmed



AULD REEKIE was built in 1943 as VIC 27 for the Admiralty. Her builders were Isaac Pimblott & Sons Limited of Northwich and she was powered by a steam compound engine  built by Crabtree (1931) Limited. She is of iron/steel riveted construction.

Sold out of service by the Admiralty to Sir James Miller in 1968 and registered as AULD REEKIE in 1969, her use then was for the Land Sea and Air Youth Club Limited. In 1979 she was sold to Bathgate Brothers and used in the TV series Para Handy. Subsequently, she passed through two owners and is presently under restoration at Crinan Boatyard.


Key dates

  • 1943

    Built by I Pimblott of Northwich

  • 1943/1967

    In service for the Admiralty

  • 1968

    Bought by Sir James Miller

  • 1969

    Registered as Auld Reekie

  • 1979

    Sold to Bathgate Brothers and used in TV series Para Handy

  • 2006

    Sold to A MacArthur

  • 2007

    Passed to Crinan Boatyard Limited

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact

More like this

Vital Spark (Photo Comp 2013)

Registered, built 1944 by Browns's Shipyard, Hull


National Historic Fleet, built 1945 by Dunston, Richard, Thorne

Spartan - now open for 'Inside Out' exhibition at Scottish Maritime Museum

National Historic Fleet, built 1940 by Hay, J & Sons, Kirkintilloch

VIC 56 - starboard view

Registered, built 1945 by Pollock, J Son & Co Ltd, Faversham