Previous names

  • Gemini
  • Lady Emma Hamilton
  • Ame
Certificate no 2712
Status Archived
a12admin

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Spain
Vessel type Sloop
Archive reason Overseas Watch List
Current use Commercial Activity
Available to hire Yes
Available for excursions Yes
Info required No

Construction

Builder Berthon Boat Co Ltd, Lymington
Built in 1947
Hull material Wood
Rig Bermudan
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
41.01 feet (12.50 m)
Breadth: Beam
9.51 feet (2.90 m)
Depth
6.56 feet (2.00 m)
Tonnage: Gross
11.40
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

GEMINI OF LEITH is a Bermudan Sloop of mahogany carvel construction with a Mercedes M636 diesel engine and was built by the Berthon Boat Compny of Lymington in 1947.

In 2008 she sailed round Britain via the Caledonian Canal and across the Bay of Biscay to La Coruna and on to her new base in Barcelona in 2009.

We are lacking information on this particular vessel.  If you have any information about this vessel, past or present, please contact us.

Key dates

  • 1947

    Built by Berthon Boat Company

  • 1977

    Owned by J M MacDonald, sold to Graham and Jean Carr

  • 1979

    Sold to Alan Carr

  • 1985/1997

    Owned by P & J Tunnicliffe, major restoration work

  • 1997/2003

    Owned by Ritson Walton

  • 2003/2008

    Owned by I & J Chevous

  • 2008/present

    Owned by present owner, based in Barcelona

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

China Clipper - Nantucket Opera Cup 2017

Registered, built 1962 by Wing on Shing

Thekla - at her mooring

Registered, built 1958 by Busumer-Schiffsmert, W & E Sielaff

Libertine - port side view

Archived, built 1964 by Prior, R & J, Burnham on Crouch

Llandoger Trow following restoration

Registered, built 1962 by Curtis & Pape, Looe