Previous names

  • Sheffield
  • Imshi
  • Elizabeth
Certificate no 2812
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Lifeboat
Location Conwy
Vessel type Self Righter Class Lifeboat
Current use Ongoing conservation
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder White, J Samuel & Co Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight
Built in 1947
Hull material Wood
Rig Unknown
Number of decks
Number of masts
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
35.50 feet (10.82 m)
Breadth: Beam
10.67 feet (3.25 m)
Tonnage: Gross
8.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed
Depth
To be confirmed

History

TILLIE MORRISON was built as a carriage0launched self-righting lifeboat by J Samuel White of Cowes in 1947 and served at Bridlington (1947-1952) and Llandudno (1953-1959). She was then sold out of service to become first a yacht (IMSHI) at Bristol and then a fishing vessel  at Rhyl. As ELIZABETH she was based on the Tyne and Hartlepool before returning to North Wales in 2014.

Key dates

  • 1947

    Built by J Samuel White of Cowes

  • 1947/53

    Served  as Bridlington lifeboat

  • 1953/59

    Served as Llandudno lifeboat

  • 1959

    Sold out of service and became yacht Imshi

  • 1984

    Became a fishing boat at Rhyl

  • 2011/2012

    Served as fishing boat at Tyne and Hartlepool

Grants

  • July 2020

    A Sustainability Grant of £700 towards the cost of remedial work was made from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK

  • 2015

    A  sustainability grant of £800 for stabilisation work was awarded from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Charterhouse - returned to the quay next to the Fishguard lifeboat station

Registered, built 1908 by Thames Ironworks and Shipbuilding Company, Blackwall

Horatio Brand  ON.520

Registered, built 1903 by Fenwick, Frank, Tyne & Wear