- 1905 - 1911 Welshgirl
- 1911 - 1947 Millie
JUDY has similar lines to Gibson's Fleetwood-built prawners although built at Liver & Wilding after their takeover of Gibson's. It is highly possible that William Stoba was involved in her design and build. Stoba only used the best materials available in his work and for this he has achieved almost legendary status. His work is still being recognised worldwide. His unique designs for bow and keel, ensured his vessels were known for their speed and grace through the water.
Built as WELSHGIRL for Thomas Griffiths of 32 Upper Garth Road, Bangor, she was registered on 20th April 1905 at Beaumaris (BS47). In 1910 she was owned by John Griffiths and William Griffiths of Bangor and sold to William Bedson of New Brighton as MILLIE and registered at Liverpool (LL90). In 1943 she was sold to Jack Cartmell and and Walter Cartmell of Blackpool and worked out of Wyre Dock, Fleetwood by Ernest Salthouse and Thomas Stone after being registered at Fleetwood (FD212). In 1946 she was purchased by Thomas Stone and his wife Agnes and renamed JUDY. In 1962 she was sold to Richard ‘Couch’ Wright of Fleetwood and later to John William Brooks of Fleetwood.
In1990 she was put on display as an exhibit at the Fleetwood Fishing Museum. THE JUDY also has a considerable significance to the local community as she is representative of many craft of her type that sailed from Fleetwood during the fishing heyday. Also her skipper Richard'Couch' Wright was a well known and loved character, often seen on the quay in his fishing boat.
Built by Liver & wilding Boat Builders
Registered at Beaumaris (BS47)
Owned by J & W Griffiths
Sold to W Bedson
Re-named Millie abnd registered in Liverpool (LL90)
Sold to J & W Cartmell
Registered at Fleetwood ( FD212)
Sold to T Stone
Sold to R Couch
Sold to J Brooks
Fishing license was cancelled
On display in Fleetwood Museum
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com