TID174 Bonchurch was built in 1945 by Henry Scarr of Hessle for the Ministry of Transport but this was a time of great change and she was laid up on completion and then operated by the Port of London Authority in 1946 before being transferred to the French Government 1947 where she was renamed ABEILLE No 13 and based at Le Havre. In 1963 she was transferred to La Baie, Canada and renamed BAIE COMEAU
Later in the 1960s she returned to the UK, was re-engined in Southampton and laid up on the River Hamble before being sold to Red Funnel Steamers and renamed BONCHURCH. In 1983 she was sold to Pounds Marine in Portsmouth (Shipbreakers) but was rescued from there and passed through seven or more more ownerships before being found at Penketh Marina on the River Mersey in 2008. Following two more changes of ownership she was bought by her present owner who is restoring her to be converted to a houseboat.
In September 2018 this vessel as reported to be up for sale.
Built by H Scarr of Hessle
Transferred to the French Government
Transferred to Canada
Transferred to Red Funnel Steamers, Southampton
Transferred to Pounds Marine, Portsmouth
At Penketh Marina for restoration
Vessel reported to be up for sale. EL
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org