CLEE was the last of three wooden boats built for FMCat a cost of £972 - the other two being Chiltern and Clent. She was one of the new ‘Hill’ class intended to work in the company’s northern fleet based at Wolverhampton. However, these plans were short lived as FMC went into voluntary liquidation in 1948 and The Docks and Inland Waterways Executive purchased all of the companies craft and assets. Clee then moved into the NW division and carried on her operation there until she was sunk and abandoned in the Northernmost of two flashes near Anderton in 1957. There she lay preserved in the salt-rich water until November 1983 when she was refloated. Purchased by the Narrow Boat Heritage Foundation in 2013 she is awaiting restoriation.
Built by Fellows Morton & Clayton
Sunk and abandoned
Purchased by current owners for restoration
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org