Registration number 2956
Status Archived

Previous names

  • Ana Maria
  • Anne Marie 2


Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Vancouver
Vessel type Yawl
Archive reason Overseas Watch List
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No


Builder Harris Brothers, Rowhedge
Built in 1911
Hull material Wood
Rig Gaff Yawl
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Length: Overall
57.00 feet (17.37m)
Breadth: Beam
12.50 feet (3.81m)
8.58 feet (2.62m)
Air Draft
65.00 feet (19.81m)
Tonnage: Gross


Owned by Danish Baron Otto Reedtz-Thott, from 1919 who raced her with King Christian X. She had vey early electrical installation which was believed to have been installed in 1919, as mentioned in LLoyds Register.  In 1930, she returned to the UK an was purchased by George Fraser. During WWII, she was believed to have been shot at by the German navy. In 1956, She was purchased by Don Pedro Mir Puig, who then chnaged her name to ANA MARIA and moved to Barcelona. 

In 1972, Dane Sturgeon of California purchased her and sails her to America. her bulwarks are removed and a toerail is added on. After several owners in America, Robert Lawson purchased her and takes her to Victoria, Canada. She was purchased by her current owner in 2016, who intends to tail her back to the UK to restore her.

Key dates

  • 1919

    Mentioned in Lloyd's register

  • 1930

    Returned to UK and bought by George Fraser. 

  • 1956

    Don Pedro Mir Puig buys her and changes name to Ana Maria. Moves to Barcelona. 

  • 1972

    Dane Sturgeon buys her and sails her to America. Bulwarks replaced with toerail. 

  • 1992

    Robert Lawson buys her and her to Victoria, Canada. 

  • 2005

    Aart van der star buys her

  • 2016

    Purchased by new owner. 

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact

More like this

Coryphee at sea, arriving in Cornwall, 2013

Registered, built 1896 by Forrestt & Sons Ltd, Wivenhoe

Molin under sail

Registered, built 1929 by Burt, R S

Under covers

Archived, built 1968 by McGruer & Co Limited, Dumbartonshire

MOOSK starboard side

Registered, built 1906 by Thomas, W E, Falmouth