Certificate no 3539
Status Registered


Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Lifeboat
Location South Ferriby
Vessel type Oakley 37 ft Lifeboat
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No


Builder Osbourne, William, Littlehampton
Built in 1967
Hull material Wood
Number of decks 1
Number of masts
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type
Boilermaker None


Breadth: Beam
11.50 feet (3.51 m)
3.00 feet (0.91 m)
Air Draft
2.50 feet (0.76 m)
Length: Overall
37.50 feet (11.43 m)
Tonnage: Gross


HAR-LIL was built for the RNLI in 1968 by William Osbourne and served at Rhyl until 1990. Over the years she has had a number of restorations, in 1982, a radar was added to the vessel and a wheelhouse conversion was carried out in August 1985.

In 1986, the hull was found rotten during a survey and it had to be re-planked.  This was done in West Cowes and she was returned to station in 1987 after leaving Rhyl. 

In December 1990 she went to Dickies Marine, in Bangor, then on to ABC and was placed in relief fleet before being put up for sale in October 1990.  After she had been sold she had was moved by road to St David's Sea Life Centre before going on to South Ferriby in 2005 for restoration.  The vessel is currently still in South Ferriby under private ownership.

Key dates

  • 1968

    Vessel built in Littlehampton for the RNLI

  • 1982

    Radar added

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

B&W image

Registered, built 1963 by Groves & Gutteridge Ltd, Cowes

The Doctors - port bow view

Archived, built 1965 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

port side view

Registered, built 1961 by White, J Samuel & Co Ltd, Cowes, Isle of Wight

J G Graves of Sheffield stored at Chatham

Registered, built 1957 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton