- 1938 - 1950 Bethamar
- 1950 - 2020 Shianne
SHIANNE is of WG McBryde design and was built by John Adam and Sons at Gourock on the Clyde in 1938. The original construction drawings are still with The Ballast Trust in Glasgow, a foundation dedicated to preserving records from Scotland’s Industrial past. Shianne appears in the Lloyds Register of 1938 carrying Official Number 7772. There is also a Part 1 registration in Goole from 1969.
She is constructed of 1” thick mahogany carvel planking on oak frames. She is powered by twin Leyland TD38s with 75hp each. These provide ample torque allowing for superb manoeuvrability in all conditions. The main saloon is completely authentic having changed little from when she was originally constructed.
Her original owner was Kenneth McLeod of Renfrewshire. From 1961 to 1975 she was owned by Norman Sharples of York. Then from 1975 she was owned by Anthony Merrington of Chiswick, London who kept her at Severn Motor Yacht Club in Worcester. She won two awards from that club in 1987 and 1988. Her present owner is Phil Shatz of Weybridge, Surrey.
Recently, her current owner took her to Harbour Marine Services Ltd in Southwold to have an engine removed and rebuilt in 2016 and subsequently the decks have been recaulked and refastened, the focsle has been carefully and gently modernised into an owners cabin with separate wet room and heads without detracting from her almost original appearance. Her rig has also been reinstated and the steering gear replaced whilst the vessel has also benefitted from being re wired, having central heating fitted and amongst other things new portlights. The stern gear has also been replaced and rebuilt to reduce vibration.
Vessel built by John Adams & Son, Gourock
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com