Previous names

  • Llandoger Trow
Certificate no 3547
Status Registered
paula.palmer

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Cruiser
Location Hayling Island
Vessel type Sloop
Current use Sailing
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Curtis & Pape, Looe
Built in 1962
Hull material Wood
Rig Cutter
Number of decks 2
Number of masts 1
Propulsion
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
12.00 feet (3.66 m)
Depth
5.00 feet (1.52 m)
Length: Overall
40.00 feet (12.19 m)
Tonnage: Gross
13.27

History

LLANDGOER TROW was built by Frank Curtis & Pape Bros. Ltd in Poole in 1962. She was traditionally built with English oak beams, red pine planking with copper fastenings and mahogany coamings throughout.  She was originally commissioned and owned by Boats Fittings Co. Ltd and registered in Bristol with Brixham as her home port, Official Number 302473.  That number was allocated by the Registry of Shipping in Cardiff.

In 1981 she was still under the ownership of Boat Fittings Co. and she went back to Curis and Pape's yard for some work to the cockpit roof and had a new rudder fitted.

In 1983 the vessel was sold into private ownership and she had a custom made mast and boom, new rigging and new sails installed.  She has remained in private ownership since then.

Key dates

  • 1962

    Vessel built by Frank Curtis & Pape Bros. Ltd in Looe

  • 1983

    Sold into private ownership

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

China Clipper - Nantucket Opera Cup 2017

Registered, built 1962 by Wing on Shing

Thekla - at her mooring

Registered, built 1958 by Busumer-Schiffsmert, W & E Sielaff

Libertine - port side view

Archived, built 1964 by Prior, R & J, Burnham on Crouch

port side view

Archived, built 1956 by Hillyard, David, Littlehampton