- MFV 797
OLD 797 was built as a patrol boat by Wallasea Bay Yacht Station Ltd. in 1945 and operated under official number 307687. She has a wooden hull and her current engine is a Perkins.
From 1969 to 1974, she was owned by Dr John William Hay ('Jack') Elder, a well known GP in Annan, Scotland. He dragged her out of the mud and completely restored her, giving her the name OLD 797. He used her to cruise around the Scottish Western coast and isles, sailing her as far as St Kilda, the Outer Hebrides and Norway. For a while, he chartered her, based in Ardfern, close by Oban and he employed a skipper for this work. In later years, she was sold to the sea scouts who were then merged with a land based scout troop. During this time, her condition deteriorated.
The current owner is refitting her afloat, based in Staines on the Thames.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org