MV GUIDE was built in 1954 by J.N. Miller & Sons Ltd. at St. Monans. She was originally used as a pilot cutter for vessels in the Humber and was then purchased by James Newlands of Orkney for private and commercial use. In 1969, whilst operating in the northern islands of Orkney, she was sold again and bought by the Pottinger family who converted her to carry passengers. The current owner found MV GUIDE in 1997 and now uses her for tours and surveys running an underwater remote operated vehicle. A 10kx generator has been installed and she is wired for 240 volts. A remote operated camera and monitor have been fitted for use in the summer months, when up to forty passengers are able to watch a live view of the scuttled German Fleet at Scapa Flow. In 1998, MV GUIDE was involved with the first multi-beam survey of Scapa Flow. She has also been used for a number of television shoots and documentaries. Her deck house is not original and oak has replaced the mahogany capping wood.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com