Built in 1911 for Roderick Gordon of Kishorn, Wester Ross, CLAN GORDON fished mainly for herring in the Minches and at some time was fitted with an engine. In the 1950s, she moved to Gairloch (UL 240) and later worked for the Northern Lighthouse Board as a tender to the Rona lighthouse. She was converted to a yacht on the East Coast of Scotland in the 1960s. She was later restored to almost original appearance in Edinburgh during the 1990s by Pip Hills and was sold to James and Gordon MacGregor in 2003. Some planking and re-nailing was carried out at that time in Arbroath. She is one of the few Loch Fyne skiffs still afloat with her original lug sail rig. CLAN GORDON was sailed back to Wester Ross about 2005 and kept in Loch Broom. There she was damaged by collision and sinking but was salvaged and is again under repair and restoration.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org