Built in 1911by Fellows Morton & Clayton at Saltley, Birmingham, VIENNA is a towed narrow boat of the Josher Butty class. VIENNA was bought by E Thomas in the 1940's and sold in the 1970's to Malcolm Braine who restored the boat for Cheddleton Flint Museum. She underwent a restoration in 1999 by Ian Braine, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, before then being sold in 2008 to her current owner.
Built by Fellows Morton & Clayton at Saltley, Birmingham
Bought by E. Thomas
Sold to Malcolm Braine and restored for Cheddleton Flint Museum
Underwent restoration by Ian Braine funded by Heritage Lottery Fund
Purchased by current owner
A sustainability grant for £750 was given for re-painting the cabin from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships UK
Vessel grant withdrawn Source: NHS-UK
The Heritage Lottery Fund awarded £160,100 for restoration and conservation of Flint Mill
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org