Previous names

  • Nahula
  • Molly
Certificate no 2425
Status Archived


Function Fishing Vessel
Subfunction Trawler
Location Port of Aiguadolc
Vessel type Morecambe Bay Prawner
Archive reason Overseas Watch List
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes


Builder Crossfield, William & Sons, Arnside
Built in 1914
Hull material Wood
Rig Gaff Cutter
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Sail
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Breadth: Beam
9.30 feet (2.84 m)
5.00 feet (1.53 m)
Length: Overall
29.30 feet (8.93 m)
Tonnage: Gross
Air Draft
To be confirmed


MOLLY Q is a Morecambe Bay Prawner of timber carvel construction, larch planks on oak frames and has a Perkins Perama diesel engine. She was built in 1914 by William & Sons in Crossfield of Arnside. The vessel was a past winner of the Lytham to Isle of Man and Fleetwood to Ramsay races. Well known in her day throughout the Irish Sea, both for her racing success and for being rescued by the Barrow lifeboat, she was owned for many years by Mr Selwyn Hooley, who, according to Ribble Cruising Clup president Mr. Tom Blasson knew no fear and did more for encouraging young people to sail on cruisers than any other man.

MOLLY Q now operates as a private leisure craft and is currently in very good condition following a major restoration.

Although this vessel is on the Overseas Watch List, we are lacking information about this particular vessel. If you have any information about this vessel, past or present, please contact us.


Key dates

  • 1914

    Vessel built by William & Sons, Crossfield

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact

More like this

Laura - under sail, post refit 2019 (c) Michael Leahy

Registered, built 1908 by Crossfield, William & Sons, Arnside

Bonita - in Swale Race

Registered, built 1888 by Crossfield, William & Sons, Arnside

Helen II - build of dedicated compound & shelter

Registered, built 1910 by Crossfield, William & Sons, Arnside

At berth. Starboard side view

Registered, built 1937 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway