Previous names

  • K.G.
  • KENNETH G
  • CUBOW
Certificate no 2868
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Service Vessel
Subfunction Tug
Location Richmond Upon Thames
Vessel type Harbour Tug
Current use Commercial Activity
Available to hire Yes
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Cochrane, Bow Creek
Built in 1953
Hull material Steel
Rig None
Number of decks 0
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
45.93 feet (14.00 m)
Breadth: Beam
10.83 feet (3.30 m)
Depth
To be confirmed
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

KIERA G was built as a dock tug and is a vessel of steel construction with a Rolls Royce diesel engine. She was built by Cochrane of Bow Creek, London in 1953 and was first owned by W J R Whitehair Ltd.. In the 1960s she was owned by Union Lighterage Co. Ltd and in the 1970s by Cubow Ltd.. After purchase by her present owners she remained in commercial service.

Key dates

  • 1953

    Built by Cochrane of Bow Creek

  • 1953

    Owned by W J  R Whitehair Ltd

  • 1960s

    OPwned by Union Lighterage Co. Ltd

  • 1970s

    Owned by Cubow Ltd

  • 1970s

    Owned by Tough and Henderson

  • 1983

    Owned by Hastings Brothers

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

port side view

Archived, built 1916 by Unknown

starboard side

Registered, built 1936 by T van Duijvendijk

Oxford as found

Registered, built 1928 by Unknown

Volunteer - port side view

Registered, built 1934 by Hill, Charles & Sons, Bristol