DUNDARG was built by Nobles of Fraserburgh in 1939 and was immediately pressed into war service by the Admiralty, acting as a boom defence vessel in Loch Awe and Aultbea. In 1945 the vessel was released and took up its primary use as a ring netter fishing vessel. This lasted until 1985 when she was converted for use as a dive charter boat.
DUNDARG was bought by her present owner in 2007 and has been slowly upgraded and restored ever since.
Built by Nobles of Fraserburgh as a Fishing Vessel
Taken over by the Admiralty and served as a Aultea Boom Defence Tender until 1945
1945-1985 – Served as a Fishing Vessel and then converted as a Dive Charter with a twin ketch added
Served as a Dive Charter on the West Coast
Bought by present owner
Vessel is thought to be laid up in Eyemouth, Borders
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org