Registration number 3515
Status Archived
adminnhs

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Unknown
Vessel type Yacht - Pleasure
Archive reason More information required
Current use Unknown
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes

Construction

Builder Prior, R & J, Burnham on Crouch
Built in 1964
Hull material Wood
Rig Bermudan
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Sail
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
36.92 feet (11.25m)
Breadth: Beam
10.00 feet (3.05m)
Depth
6.00 feet (1.83m)
Tonnage: Gross
8.00

History

BLUE SALUKI was launched in 1964 by a syndicate of two, later three, owners. She took part in the first round Britain and Ireland race in 1966 and was the second monohull home and 8th overall in a race dominated by multihull vessels. She had a long career in RORC events well into the nineties, including three Fastnets. In 2002, she was purchased by the present owner and had a total rebuild up until 2005. All iron floors knees and hooks replaced with bronze, original teak on ply deck replaced with epoxy/glass covered ply. The centreline, majority of hull planking and all teak upper works are original. 

Update, September 2025: Vessel for sale. 

We are lacking information on this vessel.  If you have any details past or present, or are its current owner, please contact us.

Key dates

  • 1964

    Built in Burham on Crouch

  • 1966

    Took part in the first round Britain and Ireland race 

  • 2002 - 2005

    Conservation works completed

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Cinnamon Lady in dry dock

Registered, built 1971 by Rossiter, Purbrook Christchurch

On the trailer

Registered, built 1925 by Berthon Boat Co Ltd, Lymington

Española at Peel Traditional Boat Weekend, 2009

Registered, built 1902 by Bond, S F, Birkenhead

Darag - bow view

Registered, built 1938 by Hillyard, David, Littlehampton