Previous names

  • 1933 - 1939 Countess of Light
Certificate no 1655
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Newark-on-Trent
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Current use Unknown
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Wood, Herbert, Potter Heigham
Built in 1934
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 1
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Breadth: Beam
11.51 feet (3.51 m)
Depth
2.49 feet (0.76 m)
Length: Overall
41.97 feet (12.80 m)
Tonnage: Gross
0.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

Built in 1934 by Herbert Woods of Potter Heigham, PRINCE OF LIGHT is a motor cruiser of carvel construction built with oak frames, pitch pine bottom, larch sides, mahogany cabins and iroko decks. Her current engine is a Four cylinder BMC 1500 Captain. Her first voyage was across the North Sea to Ostend for the Motor Boat Show – where she was sold. She was sold there and then taken to the Isle of Wight to act as a tender and is remembered at a boatyard in Ventnor. She returned to Potter Heigham before World War II and joined the hire fleet. She was sold in 1986 to Mr Matthews, then to his brother from whom the present owner bought her in 1993.

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Hopalong Sailing

Registered, built 1933 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Token exterior August 2020

Registered, built 1948 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Hilfranor returning from Dunkirk 2015

Registered, built 1935 by Walton Yacht & Launch, Walton-on-Thames

Shuna - port side view

Archived, built 1935 by McLean, Hugh & Sons Ltd, Govan