PHOENIX 2751 was laid down in Portsmouth in 1955 and launched in January 1956 as one of a series of 12 built by Vospers Limited. She was commissioned by the RAF as an Air Sea Rescue Launch to recover downed pilots lost over the sea, but also doubled as a target towing launch at speeds of up to 40 knots. After years of service abroad in Gibraltar, Cyprus and Bahrain she was sold out of service in 1974. She was bought by a private buyer and professionally converted to the condition that she is in today. At this time, all military hardware below was removed. She has a large central saloon with a double Captain's cabin forward, a twin crew berth at the rear and the engine room behind that. Topside, the wheelhouse remains original, as does the saloon behind with seating for ten. There is a galley with all mod cons, a bathroom and two heads. In 2007, she was powered by two Cummins 215hp V6 diesel engines. Her owner intended to restore her to her original military condition externally - on deck she retains nearly all her original equipment. 2751 is one of two remaining seaworthy launches of her type.
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com