Previous names

  • Vera II
  • Myvera
Certificate no 2692
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Maldon
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required Yes

Construction

Builder Husk & Sons, James, Wivenhoe
Built in 1934
Hull material Wood
Rig Unknown
Number of decks 1
Number of masts
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
34.00 feet (10.36 m)
Breadth: Beam
9.00 feet (2.74 m)
Depth
4.00 feet (1.22 m)
Tonnage: Gross
11.00
Air Draft
To be confirmed

History

MY VERA II is a motor cruiser of timber carvel construction with a hull of pitch pine and has twin BMC diesel engines. She was built by J Husk & Sons of Wivenhoe in 1934.

It is believed that she was shipped to Ireland during the Second World War and later became Myvera, although launched as Motor Yacht Vera II.

In 1947 she was moored in Rochester on the River Medway and affiliated to the Rochester Cruising Club. She was moved to moorings in Shoreham, Sussex, in 1948 and then onto the Thames where she was kept at Tough's Boatyard, Teddington. She was affiliated to the British Motor Cruising Club and the Little Ship Club. Later in the '50s she moved upriver to Tagg's Island and was affiliated to the Upper Thames Motor Boat Club.

We are lacking information on this particular vessel. If you have any information on this vessel past or present, please contact us.

Key dates

  • 1934

    Built by Husk & Sons of Wivenhoe as a motor cruiser with Bergius paraffin engines

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Albaquila sailing

Registered, built 1947 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

Photo of Maid of Conway @ 2017 lying at Gweek Classic Boatyard before start of Mr Paul Morgans restoration.

Registered, built 1960 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway

Token exterior August 2020

Registered, built 1948 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Monya - starboard view

Registered, built 1933 by McBryde, W G