Previous names

  • M.Y. Attacker
  • 1960 M.Y. Gay Manon
Certificate no 2793
Status Registered
a12admin

Details

Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location Inverness
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Current use Private use
Available to hire No
Available for excursions No
Info required No

Construction

Builder Camper & Nicholsons Ltd, Gosport
Built in 1960
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 3
Number of masts 1
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None

Dimensions

Length: Overall
60.01 feet (18.29 m)
Breadth: Beam
17.65 feet (5.38 m)
Depth
7.55 feet (2.30 m)
Air Draft
14.76 feet (4.50 m)
Tonnage: Gross
60.00

History

T.S.M.Y. O'Mally is a twin screw motor yacht of timber construction built in 1960 by Camper & Nicholson of Gosport and has twin Gardner 5LW diesel engines.

The original owner, Mr G V C Brittain, commissioned G L Watson to design a vessel to an exact specification and at a fixed price contract of £41,100. The design and build was overseen by Lloyds. The build quality was completed with no expense spared. When commissioned, the vessel sailed extensively in UK and Irish waters, Norway and the Baltic.

The vessel is little changed from her original delivery condition and currently is in private ownership based on Inverness, Scotland.

Key dates

  • 1960

    Built by Camper & Nicholson, Gosport

  • 1980

    Vessel sold to Brian Callison

  • 1980/1990

    Vessel used as auxilliary Coastguard, Dundee

  • 1990

    Vessel sold to Edward Bainbridge

  • 1999

    Vessel sold to Amanda Barker-Mills

  • 2011

    Vessel sold to Richard Thain

  • 2013

    Vessel bought by current owners

  • 2014

    Engines overhauled and hull repainted

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact info@nationalhistoricships.org.uk

More like this

Albaquila sailing

Registered, built 1947 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

Photo of Maid of Conway @ 2017 lying at Gweek Classic Boatyard before start of Mr Paul Morgans restoration.

Registered, built 1960 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway

Token exterior August 2020

Registered, built 1948 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Monya - starboard view

Registered, built 1933 by McBryde, W G