Previous names

  • Traumerie II
  • Golden Dawn of Wroxham
  • Heather Brooke
  • Vanessas Folly
  • Vanessa V
Certificate no 2871
Status Registered


Function Leisure Craft
Subfunction Yacht
Location London
Vessel type Motor Yacht
Current use Private use
Available to hire Yes
Available for excursions No
Info required No


Builder Bunn, Graham, Wroxham
Built in 1953
Hull material Wood
Rig None
Number of decks 1
Number of masts 0
Propulsion Motor
Number of engines 2
Primary engine type Inboard diesel
Boiler type None
Boilermaker None


Length: Overall
53.00 feet (16.15 m)
Breadth: Beam
12.00 feet (3.66 m)
4.17 feet (1.27 m)
Air Draft
12.00 feet (3.66 m)
Tonnage: Gross


VANESSA is a motor yacht of teak and oak construction with twin Perkins M92B diesel engines. She was built by Graham Bunn of Wroxham in 1953. She was commissioned by Mr Charles Roe who was chairman of Graham Bunn Boat Builders and also one of Englands' main omnibus manufacturers. The teak used in the vessel was imported from Burma before the Second World War and was originally intended for the bus's. Likewise, the engines, windows and light fittings were diverted from bus use. 

The vessel spent a long time in the Mediterranean owned by the Richard Branson family. The present owner found her in a poor state on Hayling Island and between 2010 and 2014 fully restored her to her original condition.

Key dates

  • 1953

    Designed by Rip Martins and built by Graham Bunn of Wroxham for Mr Charles Roe

  • 2010/2014

    Vessel completely restored to its original condition

Own this vessel?

If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact

More like this

Albaquila sailing

Registered, built 1947 by Osbourne, William, Littlehampton

Photo of Maid of Conway @ 2017 lying at Gweek Classic Boatyard before start of Mr Paul Morgans restoration.

Registered, built 1960 by Crossfield Brothers, Conway

Token exterior August 2020

Registered, built 1948 by Silver, James A Ltd, Rosneath

Monya - starboard view

Registered, built 1933 by McBryde, W G