Although little is known of her early history, SUNSTAR is believed to have been built as an open cockpit twin screw motor yacht with flat transom, and then later extended to “canoe” type stern with enclosed stateroom aft of wheelhouse some time earlier in her life. Her engines were originally twin cylinder Hyland petrol, re-engined in the 1940’s with two brit 4 cylinder petrol engines, which sometime later changed to twin to 1963 BMC 1.5 diesels.
In 1927, she was fist registered in Southampton and went on to have many different owners across the country. She was first owned by William Granger of Nottingham during the 1930’s, when in 1942 she was acquired by Ernest Watts of Sherwood, only to be acquired again in 1948, this time by L R and J A Whiting of Newark. In 1961, she was acquired by N Sharples of Leeds and kept on the River Ouse, York. In 1965 she was acquired by Richard Whitfield of Huddersfield and moved to Ramsgate in 1967. In 1968 she was acquired by Joseph Burridge, member of Royal Temple Yacht Club and owner of 68ft Motor Yacht TARANGA, but a year later she was acquired by Roger Green of Wembley and kept on the Thames at Twickenham. In 1976, she was acquired by W Reaves of Solihull and a year later was moved to Reading, but eventually she was moved again in 1979, this time to Plymouth. During the 1990’s she was to be moved again to the North Devon Coast.
Owned by William Granger of Nottingham
Acquired by Ernest Watts of Sherwood
Acquired by L R and J A Whiting of Newark
Re-engined with two Brit 4 cylinder petrol engines
Acquired by N Sharples of leeds and kept on River Ouse, York
Acquired by Richard Whitfield of Huddersfield
Re-engined to twin BMC 1.5 diesel engines
Acquired by Jospeh Burridge
Acquired by Roger Green of Wembley, kept on the Thames at Twickenham
Acquired by W Reeves of Solihull
Moved to Reading
Moved to Plymouth
Moved to North Devon Coast
Own this vessel?
If you are the owner of this vessel and would like to provide more details or updated information, please contact email@example.com